So long and thanks for all the fish
- Supported the successful application for a school car park, with a tonne of visual evidence of just how bad it can be,
- Seen to it that dangerous potholes by the school were fixed within a matter of hours,
- Hugely relieved the chaos of Wednesday mornings, by persuading Cheshire East to reschedule bin collections,
- Built up a greater awareness amongst road users, people appear more patient, hang back to let others come through,
- Seen buses taking greater care along Broad Lane,
- Improved safety for pedestrians outside the school, with a massive reduction in drivers stopping on the lines.
We’ve amassed 61 posts, 300 photos and 24 videos, many from other concerned parents. These contributions, comments and discussions have all helped make Broad Lane safer.
The school car park is still to come. We await the decision of Cheshire East’s planning board on 30 January that will determine the future traffic on this country road.
However, this blog has run its course in reporting the daily situation. There’s far fewer things of note happening during our walk to school. We will be keeping our eyes and ears open. When things happen that you will be interested in, I’ll post them here. Until then, many thanks for your support, contributions and interest.
Today’s scores out of 10:
Traffic volume: 6
Stupid/careless parking: 0
No. of cars parking illegally:0